Sunday 20 June 2010

Our church

I genuinely appreciate our church community. This morning was another one of those occasions when the diverse journeys of so many people come together with the common goal of seeking God and learning his ways.

I appreciate the young people, and it was good to see so many kids there today. Thank you to Paul and his team that looked after them today. I am excited by the love that's in the air, and it's good to see Spencer and Jane back from their honeymoon, while excitement builds for Dave and Kay, and Tim and Myrtle. I am encouraged by the service of so many, and thankful to those that have served for many years. I am honoured by the receptiveness to the Word as we open it together; I am always amazed that people will listen to the way the Holy Spirit uses this particular vessel to communicate his message.

All in all a good day, and a great place to be. Thanks everyone for what you contribute. Can't wait until the 4pm congregation gather this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. No doubt about it Brad, church is exciting when it is the place, the vessel the Lord created it to be. A safe haven of acceptance as people journey life and discover their part in it. Likewise I agree it is a privelege to be a part of it as a leader, appointed not by the Army, rather by God and annointed for this purpose. Bless you guys and the team at Marion!

    ReplyDelete