Monday 3 May 2010

Church

Today I worshipped at Port-au-prince central Corps. A friend of mine from Sweden was preaching. (thankfully in English so that the Creole translator could assist)

I was overwhelmed, sitting in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in the world as people sang about CHrist who "all for love's sake (also) become poor".

Also as we sat there people sang "Humbly you came to the world you created" simultaneously in French, Creole, German, Swedish and English.

And despite their poverty people still sang "Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that you're my God... you're altogether wonderful to me".

Things come into a clearer perspective when these experiences occur, don't they.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you Brad. Good to read about your journey

    ReplyDelete