Thursday 2 July 2009

Governor Scarce

Last night I had the privilege of representing my Army unit, and by proxy The Salvation Army, at a reception at Government House. Our Governor, Rear Admiral Kevin Scarce AC CSC RANR, is warm and personable and takes genuine interest in individuals. We are fortunate to have leaders such as he within South Australia.

My day also included two encounters with good friends. At lunch I was able to have an open and honest conversation with a friend around matters of accountability. I appreciated his reception and was honoured to be a part of such a "real" conversation. Similarly, later last night an old friend rang from Melbourne.

Each of these encounters emphasised to me the importance of cultivating healthy relationships. Relationships where honesty and genuine concern and love season every interaction.

John 15:12, "This is my commandment (said Jesus.) Love each other in the same way I have love you".

No comments:

Post a Comment