Wednesday 15 July 2009

Alignment

Yesterday I was walking a contractor through our centre - he's working on the playground redevelopment.

As I walked through I had the pleasure of passing the Pioneer Companion Club - a full hall listening to musical entertainment. I then passed by some of the Community Services offices which were in full swing. Out the back Monica was training some of the Southern Edge program participants in job searching. The garage sale was soldiering on despite the rain, and the shop was open. Paul and his team were preparing for the next onslaught of the school holiday program. And so on...

For a moment I was proud - and rightly so, I think, of each of our teams and the efforts they put in to reaching our community with God's light and love. Then I had a fresh realisation of how important it is for our teams to be aligned in what they are trying to achieve. Our church exists to bear God's light to Adelaide's south so that other people join us as disciples of Jesus Christ. All of our ministries must have this aim in mind.

If we do keep everything aligned, the territorial objectives - transforming lives, making disciples, reforming society and caring for people - happen naturally. May it be so.

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for what you and Angela do at Marion Salvation Army with so many activities happening. We appreciate your positive comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The first from the Corps to leave a comment. Thanks mate. I am trusting that others are enjoying the communication as well.

    ReplyDelete