Saturday 24 November 2012

Nauru 4


It has been a chaotic week, and I've spent most of it supervising the afternoon and night shifts. Today was a rude shock with my first switch back to 'days'. It was also a rude shock weather wise as the monsoon seemed to hit. The rain was torrential for a number of hours, causing havoc for all concerned.

Today highlighted the diversity of the tasks that we might be called upon to do. I've exchanged bed linen for guys, helped in an English class while someone took a break, had a meeting about HR and how we are going to succession plan some of our teams and then finished by providing a report to some government officials.

My team has changed significantly over the past week as some people have headed home. I have two new cultural advisors in my team and I've also picked up some brand new staff that are still in a state of shock about the fact that they are in (hot and wet) Nauru, let alone where they live and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment