Monday 17 January 2011

Tuning in

This week is 24/7 prayer week. Thanks to everyone who is joining and and taking up the challenge of covering the week in prayer.

As we do, I'm sure God will give us guidance.

It seemed everything I read last night affirmed servanthood, and I was asked in one of my readings what I thought a servant was. I figured it was putting another's interest ahead of our own. As we serve God, he comes first. As we serve our community, we put their interests ahead of our own.

In Isaiah 49 I read the call to be a servant. This is the call on the prophet, on his people and on the coming Christ. In verse 6 he also says that it is not enough just to serve his own people, the people of Israel. Instead he is to be a light to the world so that they may be saved.

Our mission at Marion Salvation Army is to shine God's light in Adelaide's south so that others join us as disciples of Jesus Christ. Perhaps Isaiah 49:6 is our theme verse? Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment