Monday 3 January 2011

Tuning in for 2011

Wow, I can't believe it's been a fortnight since I blogged. Good to have the rest and the break over Christmas, though. I hope you and yours have had a great time and so far the New Year is treating you well.

We spoke yesterday about tuning in to God. What has he said to you today? Today I noticed how good he is, as I enjoyed the public holiday with friends playing a game of golf at Ashbourne.

I also read from his word some challenges. If you have a look at Luke 3 you will see that John the Baptist had some pretty harsh words for people. He bluntly told everyone to "bear fruit worthy of repentance". But as he qualified it, you can see that it wasn't so radical a notion.

One guy was told to do his job (tax collector), but show his repentance by doing his job without ripping people off. Another guy was told to offer his spare coat to someone who needed it. You can see that neither were pushed over the limit at first - their fruit was to live their ordinary lives in extraordinary ways so that people could see the change that repentance brought.

What did God say to you today as you tuned in?

No comments:

Post a Comment