Tuesday 24 November 2009

Patience

A guy from NZ in the 80's had a hit song that went something like this:

Patience is a virtue
Posess it if you can
You gotta wait and see

I'm finding patience with myself in short supply this week. I simply can't keep the pace I normally would - not even close! Sitting and writing can wear me out. Hopefully I'll be back on top of things soon.

According to Paul (Gal 5:22), patience is something the Holy Spirit works in us to produce. It is a 'fruit' that grows in our life with the Spirit's influence. Maybe part of my growing this week is to learn more about patience.

Certainly we are seeing the benefits of patience around the centre. Our playground, that we have waited two years to open, is getting very close. There are barrells with soil waiting for plants, the plumbing is finished and this afternoon I get to go and look at some furniture. The BBQ is outside and we are now just waiting for the landscapers to show up with the soft-fall bark. It is our intention to open and dedicate the playground as part of our Christmas party for the community on December 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment