Wednesday 14 October 2009

Co-operation

Today I was impressed, as I often am, by the co-operation between some of our teams. Monica and Mark had a young guy that was headed off on a camp to help with self-confidence and leadership as part of his employment program. He arrived for the bus without a pillow, a raincoat or some of the other gear that he needed. A quick visit to Lucy and her team and he was kitted out, with the agreement of Kerryn so that CSS could cover any costs.

Just after this Lynette and I were in negotiations with the electoral office about leasing our hall as a poling booth for the upcoming state election. It would require relocation of one of the youth activities. Mark was willing and it looks possible that we might be able to showcase our church to the whole neighbouhood next March.

These are small things but they make the biggest difference to the way we work together and serve our community.

On another note, I've come to love a song by Casting Crowns, and I thought I'd share the lyrics of the chorus with you:

Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done
Not because of what I've done, but because of who you are...
I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow
A wave washed in the ocean, a vapour in the wind
Still you catch me when I'm falling, and you hear me when I'm calling
And you tell me who I am...
I am yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment