Tuesday 30 October 2012

Nauru 1

This week I have started the journey to Nauru to join The Salvation Army team that is working with the Asylum Seekers currently held there. I have arrived half way, taking an overnight stop in Nadi before flying on in the morning.

There has been much conjecture and controversy over this government policy. Regardless of polity, there are a group of people being detained on this Island that are in need. They are, by definition, all traumatised. They are struggling with failed expectations about what would happen when they arrived in Australia. They need support, and this is why The Salvation Army, regardless of what our policy or position is or isn't, has become involved.

I am told that from here on in internet will be limited. I will however do what I can to send updates and information as I am able, and as is appropriate. Please pray for our team and for those that are seeking to have their claims for asylum processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment