Monday 27 August 2012

Letter from the TC regarding homosexuality and The Salvation Army

As late as today I have heard concerns from our people about a letter issued by our Territorial Commander in late June. Please refer to my blog from July 2 for some clarification including a note from our Chief Secretary  in addition to the TC's letter.

As I sit an ponder the pastoral implications of these conversations, I am prompted about who we ALL are in Christ.

God loves everyone unconditionally.
God forgives everyone.
Jesus has done everything that is necessary for our salvation - it's got nothing to do with what we do, or don't do; who we are, or who we are not.

I am also prompted by the thought that:

All have sinned and fall short of God's glory, BUT there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and there is NOTHING (including my actions) that can separate me from the love of God that is in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment