Saturday 21 April 2012

Travelling

On the road again...

Some people have asked why I'm heading over to Africa.

First stop will be in Johannesburg. This is really just a stopover. Having said that, I'm using it as an opportunity to catch up with my friend Heather Russouw. Heather is a South African officer who is responsible for a children's home that caters to victims of HIV/AIDS. You should check out their website by googling Ethembeni Salvation Army Children's Home in Johannesburg.

After that i"m off to Kampala, Uganda. Here I will be joining the International Emergency Services Team Leaders' Workshop. Over 5-6 days we will be learning about training for emergency services, security for beneficiaries and staff, international finances for development work and other pertinent issues. We'll also visit the Ugandan Red Cross and some of The Salvation Army's field projects.

Assuming that I have internet access, which I don't always assume (!), I will keep everyone informed about how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment