Wednesday 9 September 2009

God's timing

This hasn't been the easiest week since I've been a leader in a church. There's a lot going on, and a bit of stress in the air. Much of it is my responsibility (?fault) for being lax around some policies in the interests of community, but that has compromised security, safety and sustainability of some of our workplace practices.

As we've struggled together to resolve this, God keeps sending me messages that are really like refreshing showers:

On Sunday he convicted me to speak to people about playing on when we get hurt.
This morning in my reading plan was a passage from Revelation about 'enduring to the end'.
The passage I was working on for a church parade at the Army barracks next week was about the example we set (from Titus chapter 2).
There has been encouragement from strange sources and friends making contact that I haven't heard from in weeks.

God knows what we need when we need it. He's always there supporting, but of course we need to look positively for his activity in the world to see it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment