Tuesday 6 April 2010

Shining your light

This weekend highlighted to me how easy it is to shine God's light in our area, and also how easy it is for us to dim the light.

On Saturday I was at the gym talking to Simon and Lyndon - two other guys that attend the same time I do. Simon was asking what I was doing on the weekend, and I told him about our services and my 'job'. This led to questions about my tattoo and whether it was related to my faith or otherwise. A conversation I didn't need to start - it just happened.

Then on Sunday morning the opposite happened. Margaret D and I were standing on the edge the of the footpath when a lady approached from behind me with a young man in a wheelchair. I heard him say something, looked and then turned back thinking they had plenty of room on the footpath. The lady disagreed and told me off for 'just staring and not moving'. She then told me that it was a disgrace and a 'salvation army man' should know better (I was in uniform). Margaret graciously wished her a happy Easter.

We are always seen. Uniforms make us more obvious. Let's make sure we are shining as best we can at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment